Face sunscreen is a must-have skincare product that helps protect the skin from the sun's harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays. UV rays can cause sunburn, premature skin aging, and skin cancer. Face sunscreen is an important, if not the most important, part of a comprehensive skincare routine.
Did you know, a face sunscreen should be worn every day, yes, even on cloudy days? Before you buy face sunscreen
, there are a few things you must take care of. Read along to learn everything you need to know about sunblock.
Benefits of using a Face Sunscreen
- Protects against sunburn: Sunburn is not only painful, but it can also increase your risk of forming a stubborn tan.
- Reduces the risk of skin cancer: The sun's UV rays can damage the DNA in skin cells, leading to skin cancer. SPF face cream can help protect your skin from UV rays and reduce your risk of developing skin cancer.
- Prevents premature skin aging: The sun's UV rays can break down collagen and elastin, which are the proteins that give skin strength and elasticity. SPF face cream can help protect your skin from UV rays and prevent premature skin aging, such as wrinkles, age spots, and sagging skin.
- Helps keep skin hydrated: Some sunblock face creams contain moisturizing ingredients, which can help keep skin hydrated and prevent it from drying out.
- Is easy to use: Sunblock face creams are typically applied like a lotion or cream, and they can be easily incorporated into your daily skincare routine.
Tips on How and When to Use a Face Sunscreen
- Choose a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. The higher the SPF, the more protection it will provide against the sun's UV rays.
- Apply face sunscreen to all exposed skin, including your face, neck, ears, and hands. Be sure to reapply sunscreen every two hours, or more often if you sweat or swim.
- Look for a face sunscreen online that is water-resistant and sweat-proof. This is important if you will be spending time outdoors, especially in the water.
- Choose a face sunscreen online that is fragrance-free and hypoallergenic. This will help avoid irritated skin.
- Apply sun protection cream for the face for at least 15-20 minutes before going outside. This will give it time to absorb into your skin and provide maximum protection.
- Wear sunglasses and a hat to further protect your skin from the sun.
- Avoid tanning beds and sunlamps. These devices emit UV rays that can damage your skin.
By following these tips, you can help protect your skin from the sun's harmful rays and keep it looking healthy and youthful for years to come.
Different Types of Face Sunscreen
When choosing a face sunscreen, it is crucial to consider your individual skin type and needs. If you have sensitive skin, you may want to choose a physical sunscreen. If you have oily skin, you may want to choose a face sunscreen for oily skin
. If you will be spending a lot of time outdoors, you may want to choose a water-resistant sunscreen. Let us briefly understand each type of face sunscreen in detail.
- Physical sunscreens: The ingredients in these gel sunscreens for the face are:
These ingredients sit on top of the skin and physically block UV rays from reaching the skin. Physical sunscreens are generally considered to be more gentle on the skin than chemical sunscreens, and they are less likely to cause irritation.
- Chemical sunscreens: These face sunscreens contain ingredients that absorb UV rays which is then released from the skin. Chemical sunscreens are typically more cosmetically elegant than physical sunscreens, and they are less likely to leave a white cast on the skin.
- Gel sunscreens: These face sunscreens for oily skin are designed for people with oily or acne-prone skin. They are typically lightweight and non-comedogenic, which means they will not clog pores.
- Water-resistant sunscreens: These gel sunscreens for the face are designed to stay on the skin even when you sweat or swim. They are a good choice for people who will be spending a lot of time outdoors.
Frequently Asked Questions on Face Sunscreen
- Should face sunscreen be reapplied over the course of time?
Yes, face sunscreen should be reapplied every two or three hours, or more often if you sweat or swim. This is because sunscreen can wear off over time, even if you don't feel like it has.
- Can using face sunscreen cause breakouts?
In some cases, face sunscreens can cause breakouts. This is because some sunscreens contain ingredients that can clog pores, such as oil and certain chemicals. If you are prone to breakouts, it is important to choose a face sunscreen that is non-comedogenic and toxin-free.
- Can I wear sunscreen under makeup?
If you are using a cream, liquid or spraysunscreen stick for the face apply the sunscreen first and then follow up with a moisturizer and the rest of your makeup.
M.A.C. Cosmetics| Smashbox | Estee Lauder |Clinique |Bobbi Brown |Colorbar |Lakme |Faces Canada |The Body Shop |SUGAR Cosmetics |Maybelline New York | Loreal Paris |Chambor
M.A.C Prep + Prime Fix + - Rose | Minimalist SPF 60 PA ++++ Face Sunscreen | mCaffeine Naked & Raw Coffee Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 PA++ | mCaffeine Coffee Powder Sunscreen with SPF 50 PA+++ | The Moms Co. Natural Daily Sunscreen
Makeup Products | Skincare Products |Hair Products |Personal Care Products | Fragrances | Beauty & Hair Accessories|Mens Grooming Product|Natural Products| Home Body Beauty|Luxury Products
Cleansers & Exfoliators|Moisturizers|Toners & Mists|Eye Care Products|Body Care Products|Masks & Treatments|Sun Care Products|Kits & Combos
Other Body Care Products:
Body Sunscreens| After Sun Care Products