Want to get that radiant, flawless looking skin? It all starts with the right skincare routine. And the most basic steps in any perfect skincare routine is having the right cleanser and exfoliator. Cleansing and exfoliation are two crucial steps in any skincare routine. Cleansing washes away impurities and bacteria that can lead to acne or other infections. And exfoliation helps get rid of excess oil and dead skin cells that could potentially clog pores and lead to breakouts. At SSBeauty, our objective is not only to provide you with the best skincare products but also to decode every skincare step for you. We help you understand why you need certain skincare products, like face cleansers, exfoliators, body cleansers
and more. Read on to know more.
Importance of Cleansers and Exfoliators
When it comes to tending to your skin, getting it clean is the first and most basic step, which provides you a clean slate for your other skincare products. In that sense, facial cleansers
are an ideal product designed to remove impurities, germs, dirt and dust that can irritate the skin.
, on the other hand, help to keep your skin silky soft and smooth by sloughing away dead skin cells that clog pores. This helps reveal new skin cells on the top layers of your skin.
For those who want to get started on their skincare routine or simply stock up on your favorite cleansers and exfoliators, SSBeauty is your one-stop shop. Buy cleansers
and exfoliators from our exclusive collection.
What are The Different Types of Cleansers and Exfoliators
Here are some of the different types of cleansers and exfoliators available in the market:
- Foam cleansers: This type of cleanser is designed to be light and lather into a rich foam. They help in removing excess oil, dirt and clean the skin without stripping its natural oils.
- Gel cleansers: Gel cleansers are usually clear and have a gel-like consistency. These are typically designed for an enriching deep-cleansing experience. Gel cleansers are a great way to refresh and hydrate dry and oily skin types.
- Oil-based cleansers: Oil-based cleansers are primarily used to remove makeup effectively. Cleansing your face with an oil-based cleanser will help you get rid of dirt and makeup, whatever your skin type. You can then follow it up with another type of mild cleanser that suits your skin type for a thorough double cleansing.
- Powder-based cleansers: As the name suggests, this type of face cleanser comes in powder form. It has a consistency similar to that of baby powder but with cleansing properties. To use this to effectively cleanse your face, you need to add water which turns it into a cream or foam cleanser, depending on which product you're using.
- Cream-based cleansers: This cleanser has a consistency that is thick and creamy. It is typically formulated with ingredients that hydrate the skin and help it retain moisture. It is also known as cleansing milk or lotions. Cream cleansers are gentle since they cleanse without stripping the skin of its moisture.
- Cleansing balms: A cleansing balm is used to remove dirt and excess oil from your skin. It is also used as a first step in double cleansing to remove makeup. As you massage your face with the cleansing balm, it emulsifies and helps push out all the impurities from the pores.
- Physical exfoliators – This type of exfoliator contains small particles like coffee, jojoba beads or sugar granules. You need you to manually rub the product on your skin thus allowing the particles to slough away dead skin cells.
- Chemical exfoliators – This category of exfoliants include AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids), BHAs (beta hydroxy acids) and PHAs (poly hydroxy acids). Although they are called acids, they aren’t scary or harmful, in fact, they are the exact opposite. They work to gently remove the dead skin cells by dissolving them.
Frequently Asked Questions on Cleansers & Exfoliators
- Are cleansers and exfoliators the same?
No, they are two very different products. Cleansers are used to wash away dirt, makeup and other impurities from the skin. On the other hand, exfoliators help slough away dead skin cells that clog pores, and result in breakouts.
- How to use a cleanser?
It is important to wash your face with a good cleanser meant for your skin type. To know how to wash your face, follow the below steps:
- Step1: Wet your face with water and use your fingertips to apply cleanser. Make sure to work it into your hairline, jawline and neck.
- Step 2: Gently massage the face cleanser in circular motions going gently around the eye area.
- Step 3: Make sure you give the cleanser ample time to activate its cleansing action. Most cleansers will need to stay on for at least a minute on your skin.
- Step 4: Rinse off with some water. Pat dry with a soft towel and follow it up with a moisturizer.
- Do exfoliators brighten your skin?
Simply put, yes! Regular exfoliation can leave your skin looking brighter. It also improves the effectiveness of topical skin care products by enhancing absorption. Apart from skin brightening, it can also help prevent clogged pores, resulting in fewer breakouts.
Shopping on SSBeauty
Whether you want a cleanser or an exfoliator, SSBeauty is the ultimate online beauty store where you can grab skincare products at the best prices possible. We offer three modes of delivery – standard delivery, express delivery and pickup at the nearest store. We guarantee top-quality makeup products and amazing offers that will keep you coming back for more. You can also check out our blog section for detailed buying guides, editorial picks and the latest makeup trends. For makeup tutorials and other interactive how-to guides, head to our videos page.
M.A.C. Cosmetics| Bobbi Brown| Dot & Key| Clinique| The Body Shop| Lakme| Kama Ayurveda| Shiseido|Minimalist
Popular Products: Laneige Water Bank Blue Hyaluronic Cleansing Gel | Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Purifying Cream Cleanser | BiE Fresh Forward - Deep Hydrating Cleanser | Shiseido Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover
Makeup Products | Skincare Products |Hair Products |Personal Care Products | Fragrances | Beauty & Hair Accessories|Mens Grooming Product|Natural Products| Home Body Beauty|Luxury Products
Scrubs and Exfoliators|Makeup Removers l Face Washes
Toners & Mists|Moisturizers|Eye Care|Lip Care|Body Care|Masks & Treatments|Sun Care|Kits & Combos