Being well-groomed is important for us and a primary aspect of grooming is having the perfect nails! Whether you prefer the classic French manicure or love colorful nail polishes, it’s important to get the color, texture and finish of your nail polish
perfectly right. At SSBeauty, our objective is not only to provide you with the best makeup products but also to decode every makeup step for you. We help you understand why you need certain makeup products, like nail polishes. It will help you make an informed choice before you buy any nail polish. Read on to know more.
What is a Nail Polish?
Nail polish is a product that is applied on the fingernails or toenails to decorate or protect them. It began with the traditional nail paint which requires time to dry off, and in recent years the formula has been developed to create gel nail polishes, which are more durable and provide a glossy finish. Whether you’re looking for gel nail polish or prefer matte nail polishes
, SSBeauty has an exclusive collection of a variety of nail polish colors to choose from.
Visit our online beauty store to know nail polish sets’ prices now.
What are the types of Nail Paints?
Whether you love nail art or simply want to paint your nails a different color, choosing the right kind of nail polish is important. Here are the different types of nail paints available:
- Traditional nail polishes: This is the nail polish that has been around since ages. These need time to dry and are available in matte, shiny and shimmery finishes.
- Gel nail polish: A trending nail polish that has gained popularity in recent years, gel nail polishes are all the rage now. These offer a glossy manicure and need a UV or LED light to harden and dry. From the nearest salon to even at-home services, you can get gel nails of your desired color anywhere. These usually last for around two weeks. There is also a gel-finish polish that is a traditional nail polish with a high shine finish and greater durability. It does not need UV light to cure and comes off with regular nail polish remover.
- Acrylic nail paint: Acrylic nail paints come in powder form. This powder needs to be mixed with a monomer to form a sticky liquid that hardens. You could use this to strengthen your nails or build above your nail tips for added length. Acrylic nail paints typically last a good two to three weeks.
- Polygel nail polish: It is a cross between a gel and acrylic nail polish. Polygel comes in a tube with a gel-like consistency. It can be used to sculpt, shape, fill in and lengthen your nails. It is typically applied on top of your nails or nail extensions with a brush. Just like gel nail polish, polygel is cured with an LED or UV light.
Frequently asked questions on Nail Polish
- How do you apply nail polish?
To apply nail polish, follow the below simple steps:
Step 1: It’s best to start by applying nail polish down the center of the nail. Avoid flooding your cuticle.
Step 2: Work your way towards the sides of the nail, pulling it downward.
Step 3: Apply two coats of color and allow each coat to dry in between.
- Is it okay to wear nail polish every day?
Technically, wearing nail polish all the time won't hinder the growth of your nails. However, always wearing nail paint will damage your nail bed. That is because nails need air to “breathe”. Hence, taking a break from nail polish every few weeks is recommended.
- What is nail polish used for?
Nail polish is a lacquer, which is derived from the French word, lacre, meaning a kind of sealing wax. It is used to decorate fingernails and toenails. Nail polish is used to beautify hands and make a woman look beautiful. It is also used to protect nails from color and damage.
Shopping on SSBeauty
Whether you’re looking for transparent nail paint
or matte nail polish, SSBeauty is the ultimate online beauty store where you can grab makeup at the best prices possible. We offer three modes of delivery – standard delivery, express delivery and pickup at the nearest store. We guarantee top-quality makeup products and amazing offers that will keep you coming back for more. You can also check out our blog section for detailed buying guides, editorial picks, and the latest makeup trends. For makeup tutorials and other interactive how-to guides, head to our videos page.
M.A.C. Cosmetics| Smashbox | Estee Lauder |Clinique |Bobbi Brown |Colorbar |Lakme |Faces Canada |The Body Shop |SUGAR Cosmetics |Maybelline New York | Loreal Paris |Chambor
Lakme True Wear Color Crush Nail Color | Faces Canada Splash Nail Enamel | Kay Beauty Nail Nourish Glitter Pastel Nail Enamel Polish | REVLON Nail Enamel | Arcelia Glitter Glam Nail Enamel
| Skin Products
| Hair Products
| Personal Care
| Beauty & Hair Accessories
| Men’s Grooming
| Home Body Beauty
| Unisex Perfume Gifts Sets
Face Makeup Products
| Eye Makeup Products
| Lip Makeup Products
| Nail Makeup Product
| Makeup Tools & Brushes
| Makeup Kits
Other Nail Products:
| Nail Art Kits
| Nail Treatments
| Nail Polish Removers
| Manicure & Pedicure Kits