Lipsticks are an important part of any makeup look. For some, getting the lips done right is crucial to achieving the desired makeup look. Experimenting with different looks or trying new and quirky shades, at SSBeauty, our objective is not only to provide you with the best makeup products but also to decode every makeup step for you. We help you understand why you need certain makeup products, like lipstick sets
and palettes, so that you learn its use and how you can enhance your lips and overall makeup. It will help you make an informed choice before you buy lip palettes. Read on to know more.
What is a Lip Palette?
A lip palette is a set of coordinated lipcolor combinations that you can either use individually or blend two or more shades together for a customized shade. You can choose matte lipstick palettes
or lipstick sets with a cream finish as well. A lip palette works perfectly for makeup enthusiasts who love experimenting with looks. If you want to try trending lip looks such as ombré lips or matte metallic lips, a lip palette works great. Browse the SSBeauty website, where you can buy lipstick palettes & sets online
What are the Types of Lip Palettes?
Talking about colors and shades, you would find lip palettes in a range of color combinations – from bright reds and pinks to a subtle nude lipstick palette
. However, when it comes to the finish, there are, primarily, two main categories:
- Matte Lipstick Palette – This lip palette offers intense color with a matte finish.
- Cream Lipstick Palette – Those who prefer lipsticks with a creamy finish are best suited to go for this type of lipstick set. This palette offers a perfectly smooth creme finish to your lips.
How to Apply Lip Palettes?
For all those who want to unleash their artistic selves, here’s a simple beginner’s guide to get started.
Step 1: Prep your lips
It’s good to exfoliate your lips before you apply any product. This helps get rid of any dead skin cells from the surface of your lips. Use a good lip scrub with nourishing ingredients so that you exfoliate your lips with gentle care.
Step 2: Prime your lips
Next, use a moisturizing lip balm or lip primer that will keep your lips supple. This step also helps create a smooth base for your lipstick application.
Step 3: Apply the color of your choice
Choose a color from your preferred lipstick set
. Using a lip brush, apply this shade to the center of your upper lip. Tracing the curve of your upper lip, spread the product on its outer edges. Later, fill in across your entire bottom lip and you’re done! You can also mix and match shades to create your own unique shade. Do this by combining shades of your choice in a mixing palette to get your desired shade.
Step 4: Add a metallic coat (Optional)
This is an additional step for those who want that extra pizzazz. After you’ve applied the color of your choice on your lips, pick a highlighter shade from the lip palette and apply it to get a shimmering effect. This will give you the finish of a metallic lipstick.
Frequently asked questions on Lipstick Sets and Palettes
- What is a lip palette?
A lip palette is a set of lipstick shades that come in a combination of coordinated colors. The finish of these can either be matte or creme. The best part about these lipstick sets is that you have the option of different shades in one product. Additionally, you can mix different shades and create a unique, personalized shade based on your preference.
- How do you make a lip palette?
For all lippie enthusiasts, you can also make your own customized lip palette. Here’s how to do it:
- Step 1: You will need a palette to place all the lipstick shades. An empty lip palette is a great option, but if you can’t get a hold of that, you can also use a paint palette. Just make sure you clean it thoroughly.
- Step 2: Round up all the lipsticks that you want to add. Now you need to depot. Depotting is the process of extracting lipstick from its original tube. For this, start by winding your lipstick tube all the way up till all the product is visible. Then, using a knife, carefully slice the lipstick away from the tube. Set that aside.
- Step 3: There’s always more product inside the tube. Use the end of a makeup brush to scoop out any remaining product.
- Step 4: Now it’s time to place the extracted lipstick on your palette. If you want it to be perfectly smooth on your palette, you can opt to melt the lipstick down and pour it in. To do this, place your lipstick on a metal spoon and hold it over a lit candle. Let it melt till it liquifies. Then, pour it into the palette and keep it in the fridge until it’s solid again. It’s important to note that this could risk changing the consistency of your lipstick. Instead, you could also simply press and pat down your lipstick into each well of your lip palette.
- Step 5: Repeat the process with the rest of your lipstick shades until you’ve completed your lip palette.
- Which lipstick set is the best?
The best lipstick set would depend on the color and finish you prefer. Here are some popular lipstick sets:
M.A.C. Cosmetics| Smashbox | Estee Lauder |Clinique |Bobbi Brown |Colorbar |Lakme |Faces Canada |The Body Shop |SUGAR Cosmetics |Maybelline New York | Loreal Paris |Chambor
Makeup Products | Skincare Products |Hair Products |Personal Care Products | Fragrances | Beauty & Hair Accessories|Mens Grooming Product|Natural Products| Home Body Beauty|Luxury Products
Face| Eyes |Lips |Nails |Tools & Brushes |Makeup Kits
Other Lip Makeup Products:
Lip Liners| Lip Glosses |Lip Stains and Tints|Lipstick|Lip Plumpers|Liquid Lipsticks|Lip Primers