For some makeup is exciting and fascinating, while for others it might even be a little overwhelming. At SSBeauty, our objective is not only to provide you with the best makeup products but also to decode every makeup step for you. We help you understand why you need certain makeup products, like face highlighters and face illuminators
so that you can make an informed choice before you try your hand at highlighter makeup. Read on to know more about the best makeup highlighters
What are Highlighters and Illuminators?
Highlighter makeup adds a subtle radiance to the skin. A highlighter is a light-reflecting makeup that illuminates the face at certain points. It is applied on the forehead, nose, chin and cheekbones. A face highlighter
is perfect for accentuating different features and achieving an overall dewy look. How you apply highlighter is totally up to you. Some people apply it on top of their foundation. Others apply it before the foundation or mix it with the foundation itself to create a luminous base. There are different types of face highlighters like liquid highlighters and powder highlighters. Illuminators, on the other hand, add a uniform, overall glow to the skin.
Types of Highlighters and Illuminators
Here are some of the different types of highlighter and illuminator makeup
products you can buy on SSBeauty:
- Liquid Highlighter: A liquid highlighter has a thick consistency. It is deeply pigmented and ideal for dry skin. Mix it with a liquid foundation for an overall dazzle on the face. Browse SSBeauty now to find some of the best liquid highlighters online.
- Powder Highlighter: A powder highlighter is ideal for oily skin. However, people with dry skin can also use it provided they moisturize properly. Use a highlighter brush to blend it seamlessly with your foundation. Browse SSBeauty to find some of the best highlighter makeup products that come in pressed powder form.
- Strobing Cream: Strobing cream is essentially a moisturizing highlighter cream. It adds a uniform glow to the skin. It can be used as a primer to create a luminous base. You can also mix it with your foundation. Strobing cream is a liquid illuminator that can be used on its own as well.
- Stick Highlighter: A stick highlighter, also known as a highlighter pen, is super convenient and easy to use. You can apply it directly to your face and then blend it with your fingers or a brush. To know the highlighter pen price, browse SSBeauty now.
Browse SSBeauty to buy illuminators and highlighters online now.
Frequently Asked Questions on Highlighters and Illuminators
- Where do you apply highlighter?
Apply the highlighter on the chin, cheekbones, browbones, the center of your forehead, along the length of the nose and the inner corner of the eyes.
- Which highlighter is the best for makeup?
Following are some of the highlighters for makeup:
- Chambor Light & Sheer Skin Highlighter
- Clarins Glow 2 Go 2 In 1 Blush & Highlighter
- RENEE Fab 3 in 1 Highlighter
- Bobbi Brown Highlighting Powder
- What is the price of a highlighter?
The price of a highlighter varies. Browse the SSBeauty online store to know more about highlighter prices and find one that fits your budget and makeup needs.
- What is the difference between a highlighter and an illuminator?
Highlighters are applied to specific points on your face whereas illuminators provide a uniform glow from within. Highlighters make certain features on your face pop while illuminators give an overall soft and dewy look to the skin.
Bobbi Brown | Chambor | Clarins | RENEE | Colorbar Cosmetics | Lakmé | Deborah Milano
Chambor Light & Sheer Skin Highlighter | Clarins Glow 2 Go 2 In 1 Blush & Highlighter | RENEE Fab 3 in 1 Highlighter | Bobbi Brown Highlighting Powder | Colorbar Glow Crazy Highlighter | Lakme Absolute Liquid Highlighter | Deborah Milano Trio Highlighter Palette
| Skin Products
| Hair Products
| Personal Care
| Beauty & Hair Accessories
| Men’s Grooming
| Home Body Beauty
Face Makeup Products
| Eye Makeup Products
| Lip Makeup Products
| Nail Makeup Product
| Makeup Tools & Brushes
| Makeup Kits
Other Face Makeup Products:
| BB & CC Cream
| Tinted Moisturizer
| Highlighters & illuminators
| Setting Spray
| Face Palettes and Sets
| Makeup Remover
| Loose Powder