For some makeup is exciting and fascinating, while for others it might even be a little overwhelming. At SSBeauty, our objective is not only to provide you with the best makeup products but also decode every makeup step for you. We help you understand why you need certain makeup products, like color correctors, so that you can make an informed choice and get yourself the right color corrector for dark spots
, pigmentation and other skin concerns. Read on to know more.
What is a Face Color Corrector?
Color correctors are used to get rid of any kind of discoloration or pigmentation on your face. Their texture is similar to that of concealers. Color corrector makeup
uses color theory to neutralize skin discoloration and even out the skin tone.
Following are the different kinds of color corrector concealers that you can use to achieve a flawless base:
- Green Color Corrector Concealer: Green face color corrector creams are used to neutralize red undertones on your skin. They reduce the appearance of angry, inflamed pimples.
- Orange Color Corrector Concealer: These are dark circle color correctors. They neutralize purple and blue undertones. They also reduce the appearance of crow’s feet around the eyes. Suitable for people with medium to dark skin tones.
- Purple Color Corrector Concealer: Purple color correctors brighten the skin by getting rid of yellow undertones.
- Yellow Color Corrector Concealer: Yellow color correctors reduce the appearance of purple undertones. They are used to erase bruises, veins and even purple-ish dark circles.
- Peach Color Corrector Concealer: These dark circle color correctors are suitable for people with light to medium skin. They neutralize bluish undertones and remove dark circles.
Benefits of Color Corrector Makeup
The primary benefit of color corrector makeup is that it neutralizes undertones to give an even skin tone. There are color correctors for dark spots
, red pimples, dark circles and other kinds of skin discoloration. Browse SSBeauty for some of the best color correctors available at affordable prices.
How to Apply Color Correctors?
Color correctors are applied after your primer and before your foundation. Color correction helps even out the skin tone and provides a smooth base for the foundation to blend. If the corrector is too pigmented and the colored tones are visible through your foundation, just mix it with a concealer that matches your skin tone and then apply it to the desired areas on your face.
Tips for Applying Face Color Corrector Creams
While using color correctors, keep these tips in mind:
- Color correctors are used for spot correction. So, never spread them across your face. Use a beauty blender or your fingers to gently dab until it blends.
- Use small amounts of color correctors. Overusing the product might make the colored tones visible through your foundation.
- Color correction is all about choosing the right hue that meets your needs so don’t rush the decision.
Frequently Asked Questions on Color Correctors for Face
- How do I buy a color corrector?
Start by examining your face. Observe the kind of discoloration or blemishes you want to get rid of and then choose the right color corrector. SSBeauty has a diverse collection of some of the best color correctors that you can grab at incredibly affordable prices.
- Which is the best color corrector for dark spots?
Here are some of the best color correctors for dark spots:
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Corrector
- Asa Cream Corrector
- M.A.C Studio Conceal and Correct Palette
- Kay Beauty HD Liquid Colour Corrector
- Do you need a color corrector for dark circles?
Color correctors reduce the appearance of pigmented dark circles. Use an orange or peach color corrector to neutralize the purple and blue undertones around your eyes. Orange color correctors are recommended for people with medium to dark skin tones and peach ones are recommended for those with light to medium skin tones.
- Which is the best color corrector for pigmentation?
Your choice of color corrector will depend on the kind of pigmentation you want to tackle. It will also depend on the undertones of the pigmentation. When in doubt, refer to the color wheel and choose the color on the opposite end of your pigmentation undertones.
Get started with SSBeauty’s wide collection of stick, liquid and powder color correctors that get the job done perfectly!
- Can you use a color corrector without a concealer?
Orange and peach color correctors can be used without concealer. However, if you’re using green or purple color correctors, you might need a concealer to balance out the hue.
M.A.C. Cosmetics|Clinique |Bobbi Brown |Colorbar |Lakme| SUGAR Cosmetics |Maybelline New York | Loreal Paris |Chambor| Plum
M.A.C Studio Conceal and Correct Palette | Deborah Milano Concealer Palette Corrector | Smashbox Color Correcting Stick | Bobbi Brown Skin Corrector Stick | Kay Beauty Colour Corrector Stick
Makeup | Skin Products | Hair Products | Personal Care
| Fragrance | Beauty & Hair Accessories | Men’s Grooming | Natural | Home Body Beauty | Luxury | Gifts
Face Makeup Products | Eye Makeup Products | Lip Makeup Products | Nail Makeup Product | Makeup Tools & Brushes | Makeup Kits
Other Face Makeup Products:
Face Primers | Concealer | BB & CC Cream | Tinted Moisturizer | Foundation | Compact | Blush | Bronzer | Highlighters & illuminators | Setting Spray | Face Palettes and Sets | Makeup Remover | Loose Powder